Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am not attached to titles: Raaja sir

COIMBATORE: Ilayaraja, the acclaimed music director, said he was not attached to titles that had ‘‘no meaning’’. Explaining why he chose to write the two Tamil books, Venpa Nanmalai and Gnana Ganga, that were released at a function here on Sunday, he said he was not responsible if people called him a Raga Devan, Isai Gnani or a saint.

‘‘I am not attached to any title. I want them to be abolished,’’ said an emotionally surcharged Ilayaraja, who had slowly drifted into spirituality after enthralling Tamils with his film music for a few decades. ‘‘Please do not compare me with saints
like Vallalar and Ramanar,’’ he pleaded, adding such comparison was an insult to them.

He said he had written the books for those commoners who had no formal education like him and thereby could not understand the classic Tamil literature. ‘‘I neither write for me nor for you nor with the intention of changing the world,’’ he remarked. Poets Sirpi, Puviarasu, M Metha, P Chidambaranathan, Palani Barathi, Muthulingam, Karunanidhi and others offered felicitation.

Source: newindpress

Comment: Raaja sir, for you Vallalar and Ramanar are great saints, however, for me ya're a great Saint! En Swamiji!!!

always

~~Raaja rules!

No comments: